Lismore is located at the very heart of the Northern Rivers Region. It is a city of some 45,000 people. It is a virtual hub for the region providing many services including sport facilities, schools, hospitals and the University of New England.
If live and street entertainment appeal to you, then you’re sure to enjoy the many street performers, buskers, painters, musicians, artists and potters in Lismore.
The plethora of forest reserves in the region provide visitors with arguably the most beautiful mountain scenery in the state. Mountain pools with an almost unbelievable clarity of water, spectacular waterfalls, lush rainforests golden beaches, markets and local personalities are all a joy to the senses.
Things To Do
• Wilson nature reserve is an ideal spot for nature spotting, with amongst others, koala communities and the rare marbled frogmouth.
• A beautiful place for a picnic is the Minon Falls at Nightcap National Park.
• Knockrow Animal Fun Park and mini Golf at the Macadamia Castle make an ideal day out for the family.
• Stroll the village of Bangalow and enjoy it’s quaint feel.
• Lennox Beach is ideal for the surfer.
• Nearby Nimbin is an alternative lifestyle town that is well worth a visit.
• Visit the open air cathedral at Bex Hill.
• Enjoy chamber music at the Conservatorium or listen to poets reading at local pubs.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment!
<< Tweed Heads