Chic, trendy and sophisticated blend with real, down to earth hospitality and appeal.
Located a short drive from Byron Bay, Ballina is on an island at the very mouth of the Richmond River. Totally surrounded by over 30 kilometres of pristine beaches and crystal clear waters. This is nature’s Disneyland for beach lovers, surfers, fishermen, boaties and adventurers.
Stylish cafe’s and restaurants blend in with country pubs. The food is inventive and largely local, especially the seafood. Ballina’s history can be seen in local museums. Performing and visual arts can be discovered in it’s many theatres and galleries. Local artworks a must to view.
If you’re traveling with kiddies there’s lots of fun to be had and an abudance of boutiques and designer stores will satisfy that shopping impulse.
Ballina is a most fulfilling experience, whether it’s food, art, shopping or soft adventure that you’re after.
Things To Do
• Canoe through the upper reaches of North Creek’s wetlands.
• Skennars Head provide a great lookout to view the migrating humpback whales.
• Flat Rock and Angels Beach are great spots for a bit of fishing.
• Kilometres of bikeways provide spectacular views of the coastline.
• Historic river cruises operate on the Richlands River.
• Or just relax and soak it all up.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment!